1 Nov 2013

Waiting for Ludwig Wittgenstein

The coincident, but actually quite intentional, Wittgenstein week:
    Ludwig Wittgenstein: Ein biographisches Album von Michael Nedo
  • On 26th Oct, joined a festival-of-ideas talk on "Do the limits of my language mean the boarder of my world?" Actually it was not about Wittgenstein, the talk was stimulating in a sense how the language shapes our/their world geographically. And, the actual geographical locality defines the language.
  • On 27th Oct, visited Wittgenstein's grave, together with the Japanese edition of "Tractatus Logico-Philosophicus" in my hand. Just before the dusk, my wife founded it. 
  • On 29th Oct, went through the original, printed in 1922, edition of "Tractatus Logico-Philosophicus" at the Cambridge University Library. To be honest, it was for the first time to read in English. I discovered more provocative notions inside the book. I will put here later on.
  • On 1st Nov, enjoyed discussion at the Inaugural Dinner Meeting of the Cambridge Judge Business School Wittgenstein Society, and even got a special present book (above; although mostly it is German)

No comments:

Post a Comment